Old 05-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #483
soonerfan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Second Wives Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanbh View Post
She is basically dissing you for spending a lot of time on DS as per her previous and subsequent post. Saying you "should" be furthering your career/education instead of this. I suspect like many moms here this is one of your only outlets and interactions so don't let her bother you.

Wow......you seriously just need to back off. She doesn't want to do this at this particular time. Who knows.....maybe she has a needy baby that takes up a lot of time nursing 10 times a day. Maybe she is mentally exhausted from that and her other kids. You are now giving her a hard time for spending time on DS. You did not read her previous posts obviously. She said she would love to go back to the workforce in the future. Just not right now.

Networking and keeping in touch works for some people( I keep in touch with select previous co workers). But some coworkers you do NOT want to keep in touch with. From her previous comments of work experience I gather that it's not worth it to keep in touch with SOME of those people. I also believe she mentioned she keeps in touch with others.....although that could be someone else

Maybe in one year she might say....hmmm, I'd really like to do xyz class.....but as she said before....not right now.........
I have no stake in what she does. But when someone repeatedly says they CAN'T do something, instead of staying they DON'T WANT to do something, the inclination (at least for me) is to try to show them ways they could do said thing.

It's a teacher thing. Had she said, "I don't have any interest in ways I could keep my options open," I'd have moved right on by.