View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 01:17 PM   #41
SAHMLamar
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How did you learn of cloth?

We actually learned about it from a friend who DOESN'T CD. I had just found out I was expecting my 2nd. My DH and I always knew we wanted to have a lot of kids and she had mentioned that she had a friend who used FB. (One of my mom's good friends used PF's and my aunt used a diaper service on her girl, who is now 6). I didn't like the idea of PF's, but when I heard about FB- I thought it would be a good way to save money. My friend's friend had just moved to Montana. I called her and asked a ton of questions. I started doing some research and bought some used FB on Ebay. Jana (My friend's friend) had met Kim at Mt. Diaper store and recommeded I check out KL's too. So I did. My friend also suggested that I start CD my then 20 mo old to "get the hang of it" before the baby was born. Thus, started my addiction. I bought all used dipes and loved the pockets. We also found Daisy Doodles and loved the trim fit. I bought two bG and liked it too! We were pocket people! Then when my dd2 was born, we learned how to use fitteds. When she started sleeping through the night, I got brave enough to try wool and loved it too! Now I'm so torn. SHe's about to outgrow her small stash and I have to move up. Don't know whether to go with pockets or fitteds and covers. Actually sounds like wool is the more expensive option. I see all you people stalking the new wool releases! I did this to SAVE MONEY! Now I just love looking at my babies in their colorful bums! Also my DH LOVES IT! We aren't totally anti-sposie. (we used it on a trip to NY recently and my mom won't wash CD, so if she keeps dc, she'll sposie.) I really do LOVE it now. I had planned on "investing" in diapers we could reuse for all the kids. Now I think I'm going to sell and buy more as to feed the CD habit
OH, and my ODD is starting to PL. I told DH I almost wished she wouldn't because I LOVE seeing her in CD. How sad.
That's my story...
(And my friend that turned me on, has yet to convert... Maybe I'll get her with the next baby!!)
SAHMLamar is offline   Reply With Quote