View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #21
greenmamabecky
Registered Users
seller

Re: Springfield MA/ nearby CT mamas?

I know this is a personal question so nobody needs to answer it if you don't want to...We had an amazing pedi at Holyoke Pediatrics but about a yr ago she left to Greenfield. It's way too far to drive if someone is sick or something so unfortunately we can't keep seeing her. My 3 yr old and baby are both uncircd, the baby is completely unvaxd and the 3 yr old will be from now on, we practice cosleeping, extended breastfeeding, baby led weaning, etc PLUS my baby is a 30 weeker. NONE of the pedis at Holyoke Pediatrics are ok with these things and it is driving me freaking nuts. I just want a doctor who knows what they're talking about when it comes to preemies(they are the doctors who are in the NICU at Baystate so you'd think they'd know a little more), and won't tell me my children are going to DIE if I don't vaccinate or because we cosleep or pressure me into baby food at 4 months old. They freaking told DCF I was late for his 4 month appointment and behind on his shots(they KNOW we aren't vaxing) but his schedule is all wacked because of him being a preemie and I didn't go because number 1 I have no concerns he is doing amazing and weighs 15 freaking pounds at 3 months adjusted, number 2 nobody even told me to make an appointment and when I asked if we should start going by regular age or adjusted age for now they said "hmmm that's a good question" and never answered me, number 3 because I hate them and don't want to go back. Ugh. I'm so frustrated. Luckily DCF thought they were just as crazy as I do and didn't find a need to investigate *eyeroll*. They have also been trying to vax him on his regular age schedule not his adjusted age schedule which is just so wrong. Anyway, does anyone have an awesome pedi we can go to!? Lol sorry this turned into a rant I'm just flustered and pissed that most moms have no clue what's right and wrong and are listening to these idiotic pediatricians with no question because we are supposed to be able to trust our doctors. I just found out my 3 yr old got the chicken pox vaccine which I said I didn't want him to get from the beginning!
Married to my soulmate With 2 boys, William(4-2-10) and Creedence(2-1-13, dd 4-12-13) and TTC #3

ISO cute wool covers sz 0-3m and other unique diapers of any kind (boy or gn)

Last edited by greenmamabecky; 07-11-2013 at 03:20 PM.
greenmamabecky is offline   Reply With Quote