Old 08-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #23
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Vaccine links

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaia06 View Post
most of the links in the original thread are no longer active (except the most recent ones)...I think its time that a new thread was started so that you don't have to spend time sifting through bad links...there's also new information that has come out since the original thread was started and I feel like old information is bad information if you don't know the rest of the story.
But just posting the new info is still only showing one side. Both sides need to be shown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
Sorry, I just don't see why he shouldn't make money from it. He's a professional with many degrees, spent 25 years developing the rotavirus vax. Would you work for free? Especially after years of schooling? Of course he makes money, it's his job. I don't see how it discredits him, in the least.
Agreed! A man shouldn't be discredited just because he makes money from something. For a man to spend years of his life developing something he is gonna have to really believe in it. It's hard to not encourage people to see your side when you feel that strongly about something.

Whenever I research something I remember that their "facts" come from their viewpoint, from their beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z2akids View Post
I don't have a problem with the information in the link you provided. However, it is not the full story. Just because something is reported to VAERS does not mean that the event was caused by a vaccine -- or even that it happened at all. I could go on that website right now and claim that my child had an MMR vaccine and contracted Anthrax as a result. Very few reports are followed up on and there is little to confirm whether a report is actually related to the vaccine.

Keep in mind that when a child has a vaccine and then has XYZ happen in the next couple of days, there are any number of other things that that child likely did in that same timeframe -- they probably road in a car, drank milk or other substance, wore clothes, etc. All a report (assuming it isn't an entirely false report) does is establish a correlation in time between an event and a vaccine.

If you continued to quote from the link you provided, this is from the same page:

When evaluating data from VAERS, it is important to note that for any reported event, no cause-and-effect relationship has been established. VAERS receives reports on all potential associations between vaccines and adverse events. Therefore, VAERS collects data on any adverse event following vaccination, be it coincidental or truly caused by a vaccine. The report of an adverse event to VAERS is not documentation that vaccine caused the event.
Fear should never be a deciding factor, on the other hand when I'm scared of something or have a weird feeling about something I usually do more research to see the if there is a link or not. I never just discount "coincidences" cause someone else hasn't scientifically documented it yet. Then again I kind of enjoy researching things for myself, it's kind of fun

Last edited by joyful mother; 08-27-2013 at 09:45 PM.
joyful mother is offline   Reply With Quote