View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 06:18 AM   #3
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Good recipes that use applesauce?

Not a baked good but apple cinnamon pancakes. Mix some applesauce with a little cinnamon and little brown sugar- to taste for both. Put your regular pancake batter on the griddle/pan, then swirl about a tablespoon full of the apple sauce onto the uncooked top of the pancake. Then cook like normal. I tried a recipe like this that used tons of butter and was a lot of work and then found the healthy version using applesauce- tastes the same and its so much easier then the other one.

I use applesauce for oil subs on most of my recipes. Also use it make granola- this is where I use most of my apple sauce. If you like apple butter you can use the apple sauce to make apple butter. You can make flavored applesauce pretty easily if that helps you eat more- puree some strawberries, blueberries or peaches to mix in. There was something I made recently that used applesauce but I can't remember what it was. it was good too. I'll have to think about it.