View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 09:46 AM   #1
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Caroline Ingalls Syndrome?

Anybody else get all "frontier woman" when you're preggo? I think it must be sort of my version of nesting but dh is making fun of me to no end. I'm usually pretty "normal" but all of a sudden, everything has to be handmade! I've crocheted the baby a blanket, several pairs of shorts and longies for both kids, made DJ a choo choo train pillow for his birthday, I'm aching to buy a sewing machine but can't justify it until I get things cleaned up and rearranged enough that I'll have a place to put it , so I've been going to Mom's house almost every day to use hers. I've mended and repaired things that have been laying around here for 2 years waiting for attention! I'm totally addicted to buying yarn, patterns, and fabric (even though I don't even have a sewing machine!!). I'm making burp rags, doublers, receiving blankets. Last night I crocheted a hat and booties for the baby and started on a cardigan and I plan to make a matching pair of longies. DH thinks the cloth diaper thing (we only converted to cloth after I got pregnant this time) is a little out there anyway but when I said one reason I wanted a sewing machine was so I could make our own diapers, he really thought I'd lost it! Last night, I was cleaning out his drawers and getting rid of some stuff and I started to throw away a couple of pairs of really ratty boxers but then I stopped and said I wanted to cut the elastic out of them and try my hand at making a prefitted diaper today. I think I have a problem! The lady in the craft section at Walmart yesterday was laughing at me too...she said I better hurry up and have this baby or I'll have to just move in there because it seems like just about every day I'm in there buying more fabric or thread or yarn or patterns or something. And it seems to be getting worse...that's why I'm hoping it's some twisted version of nesting...I was up till 3 a.m. this morning working on those stupid little booties (so named because they are a pain in the booty to make...I don't even like booties!!!) I've got to have this baby soon!!!!

On that note, I go back in to the MW this afternoon so we'll see what happens...I've overdone it a bit the past few days and my BP is back up and the swelling is worse so I don't know if she'll just lecture me, strip my membranes, and give me the weekend or if she'll send me straight to the hospital today. Today is dh's birthday so it would be kind of nice to have a baby today...of course I talked to him a few minutes ago and he said if I'm going to do that, I better get busy because he doesn't want to have to work in the heat all day and THEN go spend all night at the hospital. If I don't have the baby during business hours, he'd rather just get a good night's sleep and wait till tomorrow when he can take the day off work. It's all about making him comfortable, right?
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote