View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #159
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is it ever ok to prostelyize to other peoples children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama View Post
No. Absolutely not. I'm pagan and I would not start discussing my religion with a young child and would expect others to have the same courtesy. My favorite analogy is that religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one. It's fine to be proud of it. It ceases being fine when you pull it out and stroke it in public or attempt to shove it down someone else's throat, particularly that of a child.
I absolutely love this analogy! Well said.

I have my own set of beliefs, however a big part of my belief system is that no one path is the "right" way. I respect and value all religions and spiritual paths and I am fine with my children being exposed to a wide variety of religions and belief systems, however Mama Bear is going to come out if someone starts telling my child that their is only one "true religion".

I am raising my children Unitarian Universalist.. I want my children to come to their own understanding of spirituality and find the path that is right for them.

I don't push my beliefs on my own children, nor anyone elses and I would appreciate the same respect from others.. That said, I have issues with relatives trying to cram Christianity into my kids.