Old 10-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #181
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by P!nkPepper View Post

I wouldn't call them. Never. It isn't worth it to me. I just wouldn't pick that church to attend.

My being upset/offended had more to do with my past experience with the Chick tracts. People may think I am being overly dramatic but I was extremely scared by them. As in, had nightmares, worried about going to hell and worried for the souls of my loved ones. We didn't just get those tracts on Halloween, we got them year-round. I spend Christmas Eve one year crying on the couch surrounded by the presents Santa left us, bawling for my grandfather (who wasn't even dead, he died when I was 18), worried he would go to hell. I was probably 8. I never want my boys to feel like that.

That said, everybody is entitled to their opinions. I really just wanted people to know these things ARE still being handed out. They aren't from the past.

And I am paranoid too, that is how I found it in my 12 yo's bag. I went through 3 bags of candy, checking for safe candies, yanking the gross & too sticky (esp that nasty gum). He was the only one with one of those things. But I took my littles ToTing & saw what was put in their bags.

Jodie ~ Wife & Mama
Oh man, I am tired. I quoted myself instead of editing. Sorry.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote