View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 05:56 PM   #2
susansabrina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else with Gestational Diabetes?

I had it with DS. It was a pain to have to be so aware of what and when you are eating all the time. Diet alone did not cut it for me and I had to have insulin twice a day. I think the hardest part was trying to explain diabetes to everyone. People's eyes would just glaze over. The best example of this was at my baby shower. I tried to explain my diet the the hostess but she still ended up serving glazed beef, pork and beans, potatoes, a fruit basket, and of course cake. I could only have about three bites and prayed that would not send me over. You really can eat a lot on the diabetic diet but anything that she served that night. I did a lot of substitutions to help me keep within my diet and still eat some of those yummy carbs. My favorite was to have bunless hamburgers with fries!!

I hope things turn out well for you!
ISO:Planet Lunchbox, zorb, Small Lunette cup, ribbon for hairbows, bento style egg molds.IHA:Sm MEAF, Med MEAF, ME Toddlease, Columbia shorts XL womens, xl maternity swimsuit, Lg Zolowear ring sling in blue/grey, 2 Robeez 12-18 mo boys, wool wash, dog costume
susansabrina is offline   Reply With Quote