View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 09:44 PM   #35
madebytrudi
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: ok, lay on your + preemie stories!

great stories!

All 5 of mine were born before 36 weeks . . .

My first was born unexpectedly at 32 weeks at 4 lbs 13 oz. came home a week later. off oxygen in 32 hours!

my 3rd was born 36 wks at 5 lbs, 4 oz. my first midwife birth. She was fine. We found out a little later she had malforned kidneys which may have been why she was so tiny.

the others were a bit larger and all did fine. Had preterm labor beginning around 25 weeks with most of them. Midwife told me to eat more protein & I was able to have my 5th pregnancy without brethine to stop labor!!!

DH's cousin had a baby at 20 weeks (or so). Drs told the momma to deliver the baby & let it dye. She refused & put herslef on strict bedrest as long as possible. He was born a little over 1 pound. He's 6 now & going to school. Some health issues, but doing great!

Another story from a gal at our old church . . .. her cousin was born around 1 pound on Father's Day. The pastor stopped the service, headed everyone to the hospital & prayed on the baby. 8 days later the baby went home!

Hang in there! Fear will only make things worse! I will keep you in my prayers!! Great idea to fill yourself with positive stories! KEEP READING THEM!!
homeschooling mum (d15, d13, d11, s8, s6) Surprise #6 due Aug 13!
Navy vet and wife to a ret. MARINE
Lend Me Your Pen: my kids's homeschooling Magazine project
madebytrudi is offline   Reply With Quote