View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 11:42 AM   #18
funkymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Grocery shopping tonight...heres what I got & total

Planning for three meals makes a big difference, doesn't it!?!

I just plan for supper and count on leftovers and sandwiches (PB&J, cheese or egg salad) for lunch and oatmeal w/ fruit or yogurt for my breakfast. DS is just starting solids, so he's cheap to feed yet. So, that's part of why we can get by cheap.

I know what you mean about being in a hurry. If I shop around 5:00, it's too busy, I get in a hurry and don't think! You did great, though. It's good to get out of the store w/ a smaller bill than usual.

A note on the cottage cheese - you could just make a pasta bake. Mix up your filling like for the stuffed shells, mixed with sauce & cooked pasta and bake. I had that just a few nights ago and it's on my meal list again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earth_mama06 View Post
Thanks! I didn't need the cottage cheese b/c I was gonna use it for stuffed jumbo shells but couldn't find any...it got buried as well. Then we almost ran into a fam member that I haven't talked to in over a yr for good reasons so I was trying to hurry ~sigh~ I just wanted to enjoy shopping.

All that food goes to DH's lunches and bfast/lunch/dinner every night for 2wks for 2 adults and one toddler who loves to eat.