Old 09-13-2007, 04:34 AM   #1
Hopper Graphics
Registered Users
Formerly:PurlyQ
seller
seller

My Mood:
Leave. Me. Alone!!!

I'm 9 days past my EDD, and believe me...I've tried everything to get this baby out. My parents weren't supportive of a homebirth to begin with, but they came to "accept" it (for lack of a better word) from 38-40 weeks. Now, though, my mom is implying I should go get induced by a "real" health care professional, as being past my EDD just can't be good for the baby. I personally think the EDD is off by a week anyway. She won't come out and say anything, but she calls several times per day and asks "how are you feeling?!" and it ticks me off that if *I* call, she answers within the first 2 rings. I dread talking to her (but I know I have to if I don't want to be paid a visit in person where I can't hang up), because I know she's going to try and bash my MW (who I love!) in some form or fashion.

I've quit answering the phone. Even my best friend who has been so good up until this point is driving me crazy. She called yesterday morning, and I was still asleep, so I called her back after my appointment with my midwife, and she answered (immediately following ring #1) with "did you have her?!" So...not talking to her again until baby is out. My mom and my sister both griped at me for not answering my phone when others call (I answer for both of them), because now they get all the phone calls and *they* are irritated. I really couldn't give a flying **** (no, I didn't type what you think I did, but I wanted to).

My husband who has been by my side through all this is starting in on me. His co-workers are driving him up the wall and he doesn't want to go back without baby news. The other day, he said "so, are you going to get your membranes stripped this week or are you going to chicken out again? You really should have had her by now." Backstory, I was only 40 weeks and didn't think it was necessary at the time. Now he's saying if I don't have her soon, I'm going to need a c-section. WTF? I measured yesterday (41w1d) at 40 weeks...my MW is not concerned, and neither am I.

Even online, people are being so inconsiderate and nosey/pushy (email, myspace, facebook, etc). I can't even come here to get away from everything that's going on IRL for the same crap happening. "Have you had her yet?" and "What's taking so long?"

I seriously thought today about who I could go and stay with who wouldn't treat me like a time bomb. When I realized the answer is "no one"...I seriously thought about going and getting a hotel room until the whole ordeal is over with, but I don't want a missing persons report filed, kwim?

I know I probably sound like a raving lunatic, and quite frankly...I am at this point.

I just want to be left alone!!!!!

EDIT to say that this thread would have better been titled "Wake me up when September ends", but I hate that song. lol.

Allison - mama to Olivia and baby Nora my Valentine's day VBAC!

Last edited by Hopper Graphics; 09-13-2007 at 04:43 AM.
Hopper Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote