View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 11:06 PM   #1
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Lack of Excitement?

Is it just me or has anyone else experienced a less intense amount of anticipation/excitement in subsequent pregnancies following your first? I remember with my first baby every thought I possessed was about my baby. I drempt about her, thought about her, talked about her. I was on a cloud all about baby for a LONNNg 40 weeks. Number two was not as much but still quite a bit. The naming game wasn't as much fun. Now with Number 3...we're hitting 21 weeks and have hardly touched names. I think about my baby everyday, but I don't dwell on her. I have the other kids keeping me busy, I have more things going on. I just don't sit and fatisize about her. I feel kinda bad, like you know that saying that says "the first baby gets new pictures every month, the second baby hardly ever gets update pictures, and the third baby doesn't even get it's footprints on the birth certificate"...well I dont' want to short her out...but I guess I kinda am. I'm sure when she gets here things will be so much different. But my frame of mind is just in a different place with this pregnancy versus others. Anyone else feel the same? Ever?

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote