Old 07-24-2006, 11:20 AM   #4
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Prefolds at night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommypooh
Well my child is much bigger than yours but I use 2 prefolds and a wool cover. I trifold one prefold in the middle of the other and then snappi it on and put my cover on. I tried just tri folding and leaving them like that and found I had lots of leaks. But as I said I didn't cloth diaper my child at that size. So I don't know if when they are that small things are different.
I use a toddler prefold with a trifolded premium.

Ok, I don't know if I'm the only one but I seriously had to LOL when you said you've heard prefolds cut down on the stinkiness. Now mind you, I'm not laughing at you. I just find that my pail with prefolds in it is WAY more stinky than the one with the other dipes in it. It doesn't smell as bad in the morning as when I was using VBSN or other dipes for nighttime but it still smells and the prefolds can hold some serious stinkiness from the pee.

I hope you find that it works. We were using an AIO with a trifolded prefold but DS's skin was getting sensitive so switched to using prefolds and wool instead. Works great for us!