View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 11:54 PM   #1
Jordan~&~Jenna's~mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
HELP!! 4mo old EBF DD allergic to all things dairy :(

My DD FINALLY has a diagnosis!! After all the dr's appts, biopsies, hospital stays, etc... we know what's wrong... she is allergic to dairy. That's why she could never poop!!! It's not a lactose intollerant issue, but an allergy to all dairy. Her team of dr's said it's toxic to her body and her liver can't break it down. SO... since I'm EBF and want to continue to do so, I am now restricted from all things dairy. Milk, cheese, ice-cream, butter, cereal, mac n cheese, you name it. This is a staple to me I don't know how to replace. I have the Silk soy milk... but it's not really milk IMO if it's vanilla flavored, KWIM? Any one else in a situation like this? My DS has a peanut allergy we found out about when he was a little over a yr old (no, food allergies do NOT run in our families until now) and that was a scary, SCARY way to find out about his allergy... i.e. do NOT give your babies peanuts products until you can watch them closely for the next few hours for the first time. Anyway, I need advice on my DD's dairy allergy. Please, anyone that is in this situation, I need the support and advice.

PS I've been on my dairy free diet for 3 weeks now and my DD is acting, looking and pooping like a champ! A normal baby! I have had an occasional *oops* like cheese on my burger last night by mistake and butter on my toast... but even despite my small mistakes, she's doing soooo much better!