Old 07-26-2006, 09:13 AM   #13
sheandaru
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: falling asleep w/o breast or bottle? HELP PLEASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashandri
What age to they want to put themselves to bed? What age do kids stop sleeping in a crib?
Once your dc can climb out of the crib, it's time to move to a toddler bed!

Quote:
Any thoughts on whether she needs to be putting herself to sleep? I am laying with her every time?
I think whatever is working for you right now you should go with it. Babies change their routines all the time. Just when something's working for you, they'll decide they need something different--a new song, a new way of being held, etc. Laying with her is doing more good than anything since she's so young. She needs to know her mama's there for her!

Quote:
She usually sleep through the night without a problem, but she can't fall asleep on her own. Is there an age that she will learn NATURALLY to do that?
I don't think there's a particular age when they'll magically fall asleep on their own. Every baby is different. My oldest had trouble falling asleep on his own, but my middle child didn't. My newest babe has trouble falling asleep on his own, but I've learned to wear him in a wrap to help him get to sleep for his daytime naps, then nurse him to sleep at night.

I say don't stress about it too much. Enjoy & cherish the time you have snuggling with your little one. I doubt very much that your dc will need you to get to sleep when she's older.

sheandaru is offline   Reply With Quote