Thread: Gest Diabetes
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 02:14 PM   #9
susansabrina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gest Diabetes

I had it with DS and was way confused until I went to the diabetic center. They were GREAT. They let me bring my DH so he could learn about GD and my new diet too. They also set me up with a meter and followed me during my pregnancy. I did need insulin and the dosage changed often as the baby grew (but that is expected). The diabetic center really helped me keep on top of things.

As far as the diet it is all about portion control. You can have carbs and you need them too. Think of your carbs like a checkbook. You have so much "$" to spend on a meal so you just have to choose how to spend it. I love fries so if I had a hamburger I would eat it bunless so I could have a few fries. The diet also helped me to not gain too much weight. Oh you will find that diet pudding and low carb cool whip are your friends.
ISO:Planet Lunchbox, zorb, Small Lunette cup, ribbon for hairbows, bento style egg molds.IHA:Sm MEAF, Med MEAF, ME Toddlease, Columbia shorts XL womens, xl maternity swimsuit, Lg Zolowear ring sling in blue/grey, 2 Robeez 12-18 mo boys, wool wash, dog costume
susansabrina is offline   Reply With Quote