View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 12:15 AM   #11
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Re: how would you respond to this question?

Well, at 11, that's borderline of being rude. At that age they should have been taught how to ask more discreetly. Im sorry she hurt you, I would have felt the same way. Her parents need to teach her how to ask differently.

I probably would have just said, "There is nothing wrong with her, why do you ask?" and let her have a chance to rephrase her question. Kids don't have the ability to form the vocaulary they need like adults do and they just say what comes to their mind first. Had that been an adult, I would have said, "Well, something is definately wrong with you! You've lost your manners!"

I'm sure it gets tiring having people stare. Your daugyter is BEAUTIFUL! What's sad about a lot of parents is rather than answer their child's question, they usually just blow them off and tell them to quit staring and move along. We, as parents, need to take the time to answer questions honestly and explain to them why everyone is different. Tolerance is one of the best gifts we can give to our children
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote