View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 08:17 PM   #1
mamamac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Let down or not enough milk

I have had so many problems with feeding my daughter lately, that I get so close to quitting! I never had problems with my first daughter.

First my right nipple hurts like hell! Thankfully no thrush, the doc says it is still healing from the trauma in the beginning which is over 3 weeks ago. I got him to write a script for All Purpose Nipple Cream from Dr. Newman. That does seem to be helping. HOWEVER, when we nurse on that side, she will start screaming and tugging (which doesn't help) but stays latched. I can hear her swallowing, her tummy will grumble, she will start flailing her arms and legs. So I pop her off, self express, and milk goes all over. She doesn't do it nearly as much on the left side. But it is 2-3 times a feeding on the right. I burp her and she does a heck of a belch. Why does she seem to be getting so much air? Too much milk or not enough?

Also, like everyother Mama, I worry that she is not eating long enough. She will suck for a good 15 minutes non-stop and fall asleep or pop off and be content. With dd1 we would nurse for 30-45 minutes. Do you think that she has become that effecient at 3 weeks? Today we have been feeding almost every hour!