View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 08:52 AM   #1
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Why are some people so anti when they should be for it??

Like a big DUH here!!

The little girl I nanny just turned 2. I was all for cloth diapering her but I was not about to spend my money buying some dipes for her ~ I only have 2 that would fit her. I brought it up to her mom who was totally disgusted and wanted no part of her dd in cloth. I told her I'd launder them and send her home in a sposie, still no. So I stopped using my 2 Ihad and use sposies full time. The wipe thing also grossed her out and since I am not washing anyone elses poo wipes I use sposie wipes for her.

Anyway, she ran out of wipes last week and had a horrible case of the runs. I told her mom I needed more and what did she bring? Those hand wipes you keep in your car. Like the cheap round container that pop through the top. To top it off they are off brand. she said she was flat broke so ~ fine, whatever. So poo just goes through them and it specifically says for hands ~ smells horrid and full of chemicals. I was using my cloth wipes for pee diapers and those for poo followed by a wet cloth wipe. So Friday I mentioned she would need diapers. Monday arrives, no dipes ~ I remind her agian. Today she hands me a stack of diapers and says "I'm broke, you need to make these last all week". They are some off brand that hold NOTHING. So, I am limited to max. 3 diapers in a 10 hour day until Friday (hoping she remembers some on Monday).

So, if she is so broke and can't afford diapers and wipes why not use cloth?? I am willing and able. I will even shop for her and find some deals. Why be so anti cloth when you are sticking your child in the worst of the worst? Ahhh, it's so fustrating. So here is this child in a wet cheap sposie and all I can think is I only have 2 more for the day (1 before nap and 1 after ~ I already changed her this morning), I feel so bad.

Okay, there's my vent!