08-02-2006, 05:57 AM
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NE ARkansas
PCOS is Poly Cystic Ovarian Sydrome
What PCOS Is and Isn't
Can include the following symptoms:
- Is also known as Stein-Leventhal Syndrome or Polycystic Ovary Disease (PCOD).
- Affects an estimated 6-10% of all women and most don't even know they have it.
- Is treatable, but not curable, by medications, changes in diet and exercise.
- Is one of the leading causes of infertility in women.
- Has been identified for 75 years and they still aren't sure what causes it.
- Affects far more than just reproduction.
- IT IS NOT just a cosmetic problem.
- Irregular or absent menses
- Numerous cysts on the ovaries in many, but not all, cases
- High blood pressure
- Elevated insulin levels, Insulin Resistance, or Diabetes
- Excess hair on the face and body
- Thinning of the scalp hair (alopecia)
- Weight Problems or obesity that is centered around your mid section
Here are a few articles about it.
Last edited by Shay; 08-02-2006 at 06:02 AM.