View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 09:36 AM   #1
MommyMommyMommy
Registered Users
seller

Oh my aching nipple!

My son is 10 months old and lately it seems like one problem with breastfeeding after another

First it was a sore (crack) on my nipple. Well, I didn't know it was an open sore, I just knew it hurt like heck but one time it got really bad so I unlatched the baby and along with the milk running down his chin was bright red blood!!!! I was able to get through that one by alternating positions so that it didn't get torn open again.

In the last couple of days on that same nipple, I've developed a kind of a sore. I don't really know how to explain it. It's kind of like a callous (sp?) it feels like a hard little bump. It's directly under the nipple (so still on the areola part) and hurts all the time, not just when I'm nursing. But when he nurses on that side, it's all I can do to not scream in agony!

I'm pretty sure he has a crappy latch. I could never get my first two kids to latch on so when this one started nursing, I was so happy that I've put up with a lot that I should have fixed. I don't think he brings his tounge down enough when he nurses and that's why I am getting the sores 'cause he has 7 of the sharpest teeth ever!

So I'm looking for advice and suggestions from anyone! Help my poor abused nipple please! I want to nurse this guy until he's ready to quit but I can' do it like this
MommyMommyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote