Old 10-29-2007, 06:52 PM   #17
jarahrocks
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: is there a FF forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel0123 View Post
If the numbers are really low its hard to keep a forum going so to speak (i'm a mod on another board).

That is sad that moms are feeling judged.

FYI: Only 10% of women cannot breastfeed due to medical reasons and even adopted moms can partially breastfeed. Not judging but throwing out a stat.
I realize the numbers are lower but possibly more people would be willing to come out of hiding if they realized that there is an area they can express themselves in without feeling judgement as well as talk with others who are going through similar experiences? It could even bring more people to the forum when they realize there is support for them and get them involved as members in other areas as well.

I also realize the whole 10% stat but keep in mind there are foster Moms on here so the possibility of bfing is not allowed. Also some people like myself are in unique situations with the children they are have adopted/are adopting or raising and an attempt to bf could cause issues with the arrangement etc. Another thing is some women attempted to bf and due to serious lack of support or other issues despite wanting to be successful chose the route to ff. Even adoptive Mothers who choose to lactate may still need to supplement with formula.

Regardless of why they chose to do so they are still parents with concerns and questions.

ETA: Didn't Canada FSOT start out slow? It's still there. I think the problem with a formula feeding section lies within the people who cannot think outside the box and realize not everyone is successful at bfing but that doesn't make them a bad parent nor less of one.

Last edited by jarahrocks; 10-29-2007 at 07:07 PM.