10-31-2007, 08:15 PM
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Newark, NY
Re: Making Homemade Mac and Cheese?
Oh yeah! the recipie i use is basically noodles, cheese (it calls for slced cheese - but i do use a mix of cheddar and american) and milk.
Originally Posted by gegesmommy
How can I make it? All I have on hand in Egg Noodles, and a package of Mild Cheddar Cheese. And sliced American Cheese? Any ideas?
1) cook noodles (1 lb box), preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) spray 9X13 pan with non-stick spray
3) layer dish (get the kids to help!) as follows:
a) 1/2 the noodles
b) dived a slice of american cheese into 3, use 4 split slices over noodles, and sprinkles on 1/2 a 8oz pkg of shreeded cheddar over noodles/sliced cheese
c) 1 c milk (or half & half)
d) Repeat layering
4) if you want, crush up about 18 ritz crackers and sprinkle over top
5) cook for about 35-40 minutes