View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 09:41 AM   #5
Meg678
Registered Users
seller

Re: Making Homemade Mac and Cheese?

I'm sure other people's recipes are probably better, but this is one I use all the time because it's super duper fast and cheap.

Add enough to what looks good and depending on how big your casserole dish is will determine how much to use of each.

Elbow macoroni (or whatever you have)
Grated cheese of your choice
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 can of milk
Soda crackers

I usually use half a package of the smaller bag of noodles. While the noodles are cooking, add everything else except the soda crackers and a little bit of grated cheese into a casserole dish. I usually end up putting aprox. 2 cups of grated cheese in. When the noodles are done, add as many as will fill up the rest of the casserole dish. Sprinkle a lot of a little cheese on top. Then crush soda crackers and sprinkle over the top. Cook uncovered at 350 until bubbly (usually between 30-45 minutes, but make sure it's bubbly). You can also put it in the oven at 300 for practically forever. For example if you don't know what time dh is coming home, put it in at 4:30 and you can leave it in until it's time for dinner and it will be ready.

The kids love it!