View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 10:00 AM   #1
tng_mama
Registered Users

Having a hard time leaving...

I posted in a thread yesterday that I had turned down a pretty decent job. I just told them that I didn't have childcare until just after Labor Day, that the person I thought I had lined up when I started looking for a job backed out on me and the only other person I could find was on vacation until Labor Day weekend.

Well, the company called back this morning and they're willing to hold the position for me It's not that I don't want the job........I do, it's just that I cannot bear to leave my baby. She just turned 1 at the end of July. And she's my last baby, I sook her to no end. She lives on my hip and naps on my breast. The woman I found to watch her comes with very good references from friends of ours. She looks after their kids, and although she'd be doing it at her house, she just lives down the road and the older kids would get off the bus in her driveway. She's perfect for us.

What's the problem then?? I can't make myself leave the baby. I've been weapy all day just thinking about it. Our bank account says that I do need to work. And I've been thinking about bringing a couple of dc in to look after here, I mean I can make the same amount as I will be keeping from this job after childcare and travelling expenses...if not more. BUT, I've been trying to get the word out about that and I can't seem to get any kids here. I do have a couple people interested in having their kiddies come here after school, but I can't make that much just doing an after school program.What can I do to make myself feel better about this? OR IYHO do you think I should just call the company and tell them that I just cannot leave yet? Any ideas on how to find some kids to look after so that I can stay home?

I am soo torn, I am soo sad. If money wasn't an issue, there wouldn't be a question, I would be home. But right now, it is a huge issue and I feel like I have to contribute something.

(There needs to be a "pulling out my hair" smiley)