View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 09:30 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Biting and scratching toddler again!!

I just wanted to tell you that you are blessed to have supportive friends at church!! My son is also an active child who has been known to push & even sit on kids that are smaller then him... My supportive friends have also told me that it is a stage... has to do with children not understanding compasion until they are older, sometimes not until even 5 or 6, I've heard...

Anyways, I also have to watch my 23 mos old ds very closely & sometimes if I am having a lazy day or a long week, we just stay home & play outside... I do feel it is still important for my ds to be around other children & learn to play "gently"... but let's face it, we are all only human & sometimes need a break from watching like a hawk...

I think it's also a great break to have a mom's night out so you can really visit, since "we moms of very busy toddlers" can't visit as well while "watching" our kiddos!!

And remember, "this too will pass!!"
Jennifer, mommy to zander, 5/30/04 & maddie, 7/8/07 & lizzie 10/01/09
born at home, breastfed, cloth diapered, co-sleeping, gently disciplined & loved
Cleaning out the closets! New Cloth Wipes & Embroidered Shirts $6/dozen & /shirt!
mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote