View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 10:37 PM   #3
Carrie
Registered Users

Re: weird rash + other odd symptoms!

I had PUPP, and what you describe sounds EXACTLY like what I had. I remember specifically having it on my wrists and how bothersome that was. It is usually something that appears in the last trimester. How far along are you? It probably doesn't itch much yet because you haven't scratched it much, but if you do scratch, it will get much worse (trust me on this). Mine showed up at about 35 weeks and lasted until 37 weeks. Oatmeal baths will help soothe the skin. I would try to go in and have the rash looked at--you could just drop by the office and have them verify that it is indeed PUPP. I'm not sure there is much that can be done for it, though. It is harmless, just really annoying. There is a liver condition that affects women in pregnancy that causes a rash and itching, but it tends to cause extreme itching all over, not just where the rash is, as well as other symptoms. Either way you should check back with the doc in a few days if it doesn't clear up.