View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 09:14 PM   #6
rpg_mommy
Registered Users

Re: Nervous about pumping and daycare :(

I went back to work when DS was 2 months old, so he was EBF for 2 more months and is still nearly EBF now at 9. He's in daycare all day 5 days a week and I've been able to pump enough for him, so it's definately do-able, you just have to figure out your timing and stick to it.

I have to second the electric pump. I don't know what I would do without one. I started out with a manual, and it was horrible. I also second the stock up now idea. Playing catch up is no fun. Check on ebay and you can probably get a good deal on a Medela - I have a Medela Pump in Style and it's wonderful. It comes with a car attachment and has a cooler pocket so you can store your milk while you are in class.

1 bottle should be plenty for the 3 hour day, and 2 bottles should be plenty for the 5 hour day - more than enough, maybe, so if you plan on 2 and she only needs one, then you end up with more stockpiled.

Pump on your break, and if you stay up significantly later than your baby (mine goes to sleep around 8 and I don't go to bed till 11 or so) pump again right before you go to sleep.

MAKE SURE you tell the daycare that they are ONLY to feed your baby BM while she is there.
rpg_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote