View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 09:54 AM   #5
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Aunt says feed him "real food" now????

i posted about this just the other day! i EBF my son, who is almost six months old. my parents and in-laws, (specifically the women in the family) told me i was being cruel to him by denying him solids so far. because they were feeding solids by now, i think it makes them insecure about their own decisions on how they fed their own children.

i think it's one of those, "well i did ______ with my children and they're just FINE!" i don't want fine for my child, i want the best. you are making the BEST decision you can for your babies, good for you. and wow, do i admire a woman who has been lactating for 17 years, that's a huge accomplishment!

(and as far as practical advice, the things i have said during these moments are, "the recommendation is to wait at least six months before introducing anything other than breastmilk" "my husband has a history of food allergies so the longer we wait for jack the safer it is for him" or "when he's hungry, breastmilk fills his tummy perfectly!")
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote