View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 11:56 PM   #8
babygirls2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aunt says feed him "real food" now????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fither
i posted about this just the other day! i EBF my son, who is almost six months old. my parents and in-laws, (specifically the women in the family) told me i was being cruel to him by denying him solids so far. because they were feeding solids by now, i think it makes them insecure about their own decisions on how they fed their own children.

i think it's one of those, "well i did ______ with my children and they're just FINE!" i don't want fine for my child, i want the best. you are making the BEST decision you can for your babies, good for you. and wow, do i admire a woman who has been lactating for 17 years, that's a huge accomplishment!

(and as far as practical advice, the things i have said during these moments are, "the recommendation is to wait at least six months before introducing anything other than breastmilk" "my husband has a history of food allergies so the longer we wait for jack the safer it is for him" or "when he's hungry, breastmilk fills his tummy perfectly!")
I get the "I'm being cruel" from mine and DH's folks ALL the time!! I'm sick of it already. I mean who died and left them in charge? KWIM? Maddy is 6 months and we have just started to let her taste a couple of things. My MIL and my hubby's G'ma are always trying to shove "Table food" not even mashed up stuff in Maddy's mouth! they handed her a whole hot dog the other day. I mean WTH???? I freaked out! I think they know it ticks me off so that is why they do it. Now my MIL has put my hubby up to telling me to "feed" Maddy. He's made comments like "she looks hungry, why don't you give her some food?". I just say ok and plop my boob out. He says "no...I mean like food-food." I just looked at him and said "this is the only food she will be getting until she is older and her belly can handle other stuff." It just irritates me that ppl think they can shove opinions at you and criticize the way that you raise your children b/c you don't do it the way they think you should. Grrrrr .....Ok....thanks for my vent...I needed that!!!
babygirls2 is offline   Reply With Quote