View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 12:30 PM   #26
HaleysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did your mom breastfeed?

Myself and all but two of my cousins (there are 8 of us) were formula fed. my aunt breastfed but did so covertly so I never knew (then again I was 9 so maybe I just didn't care). I had never thought about it until a friend of mine had a baby in 2006. I saw her breastfeeding and I knew I had to do it. I had a lot of challenges (PCOS and breast reduction) but I've been EBF (with a period of 3 weeks of supplementation) for 7.5 months. It takes a lot of herbs and stuff to give me enough milk to do it but I'd gladly swallow 60+ pills per day for the bonding that takes place. And to think of all of the wonderful things I'm doing for her.

That being said I'd like to share that I FIRMLY believe that my eating issues stem from being overfed as an infant. Every picture I see of my infancy there is a big 8oz bottle of formula and Mom says that I always wanted every last drop. "You were a hearty eater". No, Mom, I just wanted to suck. I also believe that she gave me food every time I so much as made a peep. I blelieve I was overfed and learned to associate "full" with "STUFFED". I have always had a problem stopping or slowing down. That's just my opinion (but my nutritionist agrees with me).

Sorry for the soapbox!
HaleysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote