View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 12:03 AM   #45
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Re: Did your mom breastfeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
Yes. My mother was a little old to be a hippy, but still was in spirit. She had both my sister and myself naturally and then BF us both for a little over a year. She encouraged me to (although it wasn't even a question-who wants to get up in the middle of the night and fix a bottle?) and helped me through the tough beginning I had with DS. She kept telling me, "You have SOOO much more in the way of support and resources than I ever had." She thought the pumps and nipple shields and lactation nurses were just the coolest thing.
Oh, she also CD'd me, but decided to do sposies once my lil sis came along, but she was wet pailing it and using a lot of bleach. Oh, and she lived in Saudi Arabia at the time. (No I'm not Arab-Dad worked for an oil co) The whole desert thing might have slowed her down.
How interesting!

My mom bf'd all of us, including my twin and I. She thought it was kinda weird when I bf'd my baby til he was 2 yrs old, but she was never pushy/negative about it.
While I was pg, she made me read the Adele Davis books and really pushed the importance of good nutrition for baby's development.
She did wean and give us formula a bit before a year. She made the formula herself starting from raw goats milk that she made into yogurt and added some supplements to... GO MOM!