Old 11-24-2007, 07:35 PM   #5
adensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: how should I start weaning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredmommyof8 View Post
Hugs to you. I don't know what to tell you but I will tell you that you are not alone. My 11 mo old eats solids 2-3 times a day. She will not take a bottle and never has (although we have tried a couple of time). She has decided she is too busy playing and eating in the daytime to nurse very often. BUT she nurses all night long. I haven't had a full night sleep in years.
ME TOO!! None of my 3 have every slept through the night before 1 year of age, and the first one still doesn't sleep through consistently and he's 5!!! My youngest (7 mos) is on solids 3 times a day and still nurses a couple time at night. I really hoped the solids would help but they haven't. He too is very busy during the day, sometimes going 4+ hours between nursings. He makes up for it at night, though. He shares a room with his older brother (the one who still doesn't sleep well!) so I can't really let him "fuss it out" or I'd have two awake. You could try feedings by cup, but with my ds, he is still very messy with a cup. Good luck! They eventually sleep through the night....at least that's what I'm told (LOL)!