kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I Need Lunch Kit Help...Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaneedsanap
I love this blog http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/

she makes really yummy looking lunches for her son and takes pictures every day and rates them by how much of it her child ate. You don't have to be vegan it can give you ideas though.

you will have to go back in her archives cuz I don't think school has started again for her son yet.
I love the look of the laptop lunchboxes...My kids are 3 & 1, so we aren't to the point of needing a full-on lunchbox yet, but we do send both kids' lunches to daycare. One tip I got from my mom: either make the sandwich on frozen bread, or freeze the sandwich (make the night before) - by lunchtime, it is perfectly defrosted and you don't get soggy bread from everything soaking into it. Here's what my 3 y.o. usually gets:
-peanut butter and jam sandwich (or pb & honey w/ banana, etc)
-fruit (usually banana, cuz those are his fave, but grapes, berries, peaches, pears are a great hit)
-plain yogurt w/ applesauce & wheat germ "sprinkles"
-green juice 50% watered down
Other options: whole wheat crackers w/ cheese (keep separate, sometimes the cheese makes the crackers soft)
-tortilla instead of bread, rolled up - makes fun presentation
-tortilla w/ shredded chicken, avocado (or guacamole), cheese, lettuce, onion, whatever other veggies float your dc's boat
-tortilla or bread w/ cottage cheese/cream cheese & fruit (or jam, etc)
-cold pasta salad (there are lots of Japanese recipes that are intended to be cold)

hth!

Last edited by kezoo; 08-15-2006 at 04:15 PM.
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote