View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 08:51 AM   #1
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Is this normal baby behavior?

My 9 month old dd is very independant. I have been wearing her since she was a newborn, and have really tried my best to form a secure attachment with her.

She is very resistant to cuddling. Occasionally she will put her head down on my chest but its rare. Mostly when I try to cuddle her she pushes me away. She also resists being comforted. When she is upset and crying, she tries to push me away when I try to comfort her. When she falls and hurts herself and I pick her up for kisses and hugs she does the same. I am not going to lie, this hurts my feelings. She also wont take food from me, other than her bottle. She has to feed herself or she wont eat it... forget even trying to spoon feed her. This is very opposite of Celeste, who was always such a cuddle bug and still is. She still sleeps with me occasionally and always wants hugs and kisses.

I wonder if this is normal baby behavior? Is it just her personality? Did I do something wrong?

I do notice she prefers me (and her sister) to other people, even dh. She doesnt go with strangers, will smile at them but if someone tries to hold her she turns to me and burys her head. IF they try to pick her up she cries until I take her back. She gets very excited and happy when she sees me come in the room. If someone else is holding her and she sees me usually she wants to come with me. She is a very happy baby, and is almost always smiling.