Thread: EBF??
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 05:21 AM   #11
shannona626
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: EBF??

I started buying w/ my first pregnancy, but that did not go through. I have all of my newborn stuff, but I stopped once I miscarried. The only thing that I'm even thinking about buying is what is in my ISO. I'm just afraid it'll retire before I start buying again . Thanks for your advice, mama!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_n_ben View Post
I think that there seems to be so much "starting solids" yet from others that makes us think we are doing something wrong.

I remember the ped. at at 3 MONTH appt. asked if the baby was on solids. I'm like...idiot...didn't you just ask if he was breastfeed or formula and I answered Breast....duh!

We started at 6 months...but we are not consistent with it. We still puree his food....changing the consistency...

We're going on bf for a year (2 more weeks).

??? for you....are you buying your diapers now? I see that you are ttc, the best thing for me was to get knowledge ahead of time on the BF...and get a list of people to call. With my first I was all about breastfeeding only. We didn't even own a bottle! Well the first night home.....not a success...dh had to run to the store at midnight to get formula and bottles... I didn't have a support system (dh but he was just as clueless as me and just wanted me to stop crying and the baby). This time....I had bottles and I already made the decision if I could only do it part-time.....it was better than not at all. We had issues with latching...but I was able to get to a lactation consultant and it has been great!