Old 12-13-2007, 07:43 AM   #45
luvmy2girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I don't get EBF for 12 months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy21princess View Post

As for when a baby is ready: I also agree that many ppl give babies food too early because One: The older generations (our parents/inlaws...) are telling us that baby should be eating by Xmonths. Two I think that many ppl think they're babies are ready to eat because they watch intensly well I disagree with this. Many babies are simply mimicing what they see. If you smoke a toddler will ACT like it's smoking, my dd constanty feeds babies with bottles even though she's NEVER had one but she has seen it done by others. Our babies are learning something everyday and they are watching what we do. I think that if we were playing with fire they'd wanna do that too because it's something WE do not because they are physically ready for it. Babies are smart but we are parents and we need to be the ones to decide when the baby REALLY needs the extra food.

I love when everyone says, s/he was watching and grabbing food from my plate, so I knew they were ready. I'm thinking, if they were grabbing your beer would you let them have that, too???