Old 12-18-2007, 06:23 PM   #39
Kdpie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Carseat covers, strap pads, and piddle pads - PUBLIC SAFETY ANNOUNCEMENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by soygurl View Post
I'm not a CPST (just a car seat nut! ) but I'm pretty sure seat protectors are a BIG no-no. They can severely impair a secure instillation.
FWIT, nearly all dents in leather/upholstery caused by a car seat will go away eventually after the car seat is removed.
As far as I know, the only thing that's OK to use under a car seat is one layer of that sticky, waffle grid shelf liner (this kind of stuff). Be warned though, I've heard of that stuff melting the car's leather on a really hot day. If you can get a tight install without it, don't use it (and go to a CPST!).
Okay so the one that we have (Oh thanks so much for responding ) are like a really thin layer of fleece (like the weight of flannel) and have little grippies on the bottom of them. I have two Britax marathons--One that is installed with the lower anchors and one that is installed with the seat belt since my dd is ove the lower anchor weight and BOTH with the top teathers secured--they are in so tight that my suburban will move if you shake the seats but they don't slide around on the seat itself. Think this is okay? I need to see if I can find a car seat tech somewhere close. I am pretty sure they are not going anywhere, but I want to make sure I have it right!
Kdpie is offline   Reply With Quote