Old 12-19-2007, 11:05 AM   #40
soygurl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Carseat covers, strap pads, and piddle pads - PUBLIC SAFETY ANNOUNCEMENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdpie View Post
Okay so the one that we have (Oh thanks so much for responding ) are like a really thin layer of fleece (like the weight of flannel) and have little grippies on the bottom of them. I have two Britax marathons--One that is installed with the lower anchors and one that is installed with the seat belt since my dd is ove the lower anchor weight and BOTH with the top teathers secured--they are in so tight that my suburban will move if you shake the seats but they don't slide around on the seat itself. Think this is okay? I need to see if I can find a car seat tech somewhere close. I am pretty sure they are not going anywhere, but I want to make sure I have it right!
Well, like I said, I'm not a Tech, so I can't say for sure if it's "OK" but personally if it were ME I'd probably be ok with the one's you described.
Not to say that I would buy one, but if I were you, already had them and had been using them, I would probably continue to use them.
I've heard that a thin towel, OR a layer of that sticky shelf liner is ok under an installed car seat. The seat protector you have sounds kind of like a combination of a thin towel and sticky shelf liner. As long as it is very thin, and very pliable my totally unofficial opinion is that it's fine. The ones that really worry my are the thick hard rubber ones... JMO
soygurl is offline   Reply With Quote