View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 08:09 AM   #26
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feeling uhhhh weird i guess LOL

Hugs Melissa. I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I get similar comments on the other end.... your too old and or Wow you must be the oldest Mom on the soccer field.... you get the picture. This is after struggling with infertilty for 9 years, and 2 second trimester losses. I always want to say... gee, I guess I should have stopped trying... UGH

Anyway, our daughter was almost 4 with our last loss. She was with me at the ultrasound when I found our Elizabeth's heartbeat had stopped. She was devastated. She talked about it for a very long time. Even when I was pregnant with her brother. She balled when we found out we were having a boy, because she really wanted a sister. I found that talking with her and hugging her was all she really wanted.

I stopped going to church for awhile, after our second loss. I really don't think people are trying to be mean but they really don't know what to say. Except for the Mom offering parently advice... just walk away....

Hugs to you and your dd. Hope that you find a supportive friend or two that can help you through this.