View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 09:41 AM   #1
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
BF in public. How do I deal?

Maybe its just something about people here in the South, but I have a problem.
This past week I took my daughter to the Pedi for a check-up. She has horrible car-ride anxiety, so she was screaming like a banchee when we got there. I pulled her out of her carseat, sat down in the waiting room and started to nurse.
People started STARING. And then, a moment or so later, the receptionist comes over and tells me "let's get you put in a room for a few minutes so you can nurse your baby rather than doing it out here in front of everyone." But it was the WAY she said it..almost like I was the oddball and was making everyone uncomfortable.
So they hid us in a cold room with NO chair to sit on. I was fuming.
And to make matters worse, the nurse comes back in and says "I didnt realize you wernt giving her formula. Make sure and tell the Doctor that" and kindof LAUGHS at me.

So, I guess I need to figure out a way to nurse more discreetly. I tried throwing Emma's blanket over us, but she likes to grab onto it when shes eating and pulls it right off.

Any suggestions of what else I could do? I hate to even bother, but Im tired of people looking at me like I have lobsters crawling out of my ears. It makes me feel about 2 inches tall.

And how do I get comfortable with covering up? Do I cover up first and THEN put Emma to the breast or vice versa?

Man...this is the LAST thing I thought Id be worrying about.