View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 11:21 AM   #8
Luvmybabies
My two cuties :)
sitesupporter
seller

Re: I hate people like me...

I guess that's why its so important not to judge others, because you don't know the circumstances. You know if your heart that you are doing what is best for your baby.
I get those looks, like I'm a horrible mother because my baby takes a bottle. If only the people giving me those looks knew the heartbreaking horrible road we took to get to where we are. I breastfed exclusively for 5 weeks 2 days, after figuring out he was allergic to everything under the sun, I still continued to pump thinking there was hope that he could return to the breast. Once I decided to give up pumping I regretted it since he was still having issues - even on formula. I relactated with the help of a hospital grade pump and Reglan. One trip back to the breast made him so sick, I was convinced that breast wasn't best for my boy. To this day I am still heartbroken about it. Once we got him on a hypoallergenic formula he started to thrive, and now he is on medical food - a nutritionally complete meal in a bottle since he can't tolerate most solids. Everytime I make him a bottle with his medical food, I know its what is best for his belly - I just have to look at him and see how much he's grown.
I hate being judged, especially after what I've gone through. He is almost 17mo now.