View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 08:34 PM   #34
Nicki
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How bad are they? (Artificial Sweeteners)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirasmom View Post
If you listen to all the hype about everything that is BAD for you or UNNATURAL you'll be driving yourself crazy. Our parents ate and drank LOTS of things while they were pg with us and "most" of us are fine...or so we like to think...It's all about moderation. Nothing is healthy in huge amounts. I think there are way to many scare tactics and bad sites out there and people don't know how to do research correctly. If aspartame is really killing us, why don't all diabetics have cancer? It just doesn't make sense to me. Some of us eat artificial sweeteners because we struggle with weight.

Now you might argue that it's "proven" that sweetners increase obesity...but I'll tell you that in the one month I stopped having artificial sweetener of any kind (just to see if I could do it and because it wasn't in moderation- it was getting out of hand) I gained 6 lbs! After I started again (usually 1-2 servings per day) the weight leveled out. So I really don't think that's true for everyone.

Some of us use artificial sweetners because we can't use sugar. What are they supposed to do?! I think threads like this can be really scary for people who don't have any other choice but to never eat or drink anything sweet again. I also think it's cruel to try and scare people like that...just my opinion. When you post things that are all about how we are giving ourselves cancer and poisoning our children yada yada...that isn't helping anyone.
Good points! Thanks. I've been bashed by so many people for having Art. sweeteners in our house. And supposedly only bfing for a month caused my child's condition as well....sigh.
Nicki is offline   Reply With Quote