View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 11:09 AM   #1
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thought i would go into more detail about my dr appt...

I just finally decided to go into more detail about my appt and what the doc said specifically, that is giving me hope. I find this interesting...

so I went in on wednesday morning for my first OB> I had an US first and my bean is growing wonderfully. We have a heartrate of 172, and baby is perfect....

I then saw the doc in the next room, and he tells me i am at no greater risk than anyone else who is pregnant.
HIs reasoning is this.
When i had my twins prematurely, they had TTTS. TTTS occurs in rare circumstance of idnetical twin pregnancies. It isjust something that happens.Nothing to do with my body.And after watching a show laterthat night I learend that when you have ttts there is only a 10%chance of coming out ofthe pregnancy with 2 live babies.
Then we talked about Brocks birth, and how that whole situation went. He pretty much confirmed what we belived allalong.He said that his death was most likely casued by a cord accident. He said a babiesdeath at17 weeks is very uncommon, and that 99% of the time it is a cordaccident with the way his birth went. With himdying and not being born for 4 weeks. He said, had he died from infection, he would have been born immediately. Same with placental abruption. He saidthat 99% of chrmosome abnormailites"work themselves out" in the first trimester. And had he died from an illness ihad like diabetes, or thyroid, I would be so sick i would know i had those illneses. Which leaves cord accident. He also told me he is considered stillborn, and not miscarried, even though he died at 17 weeks, becasue he hungout for 4 weeks. The chances of a cord accident in the second or thrid trimester is 1 in 1000. And that is again just some freak thing that happens.

He then said.becaseu of my early MC, since they were not consecutive, They had nothing to do with each other. And he also said that since with all my live births, I dealt with preterm labor, we can expect that will happen again. And we will cross that bridge when we get there. Until then. i can live my life as a normal pregnant mama.

So now me and the bean are hanging out.
Last night hubby told me for the first time, that he is really excited about the baby. We are trying to thinkof names, and i have one i really want for a girl, but he has not yet agreed.