View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 09:55 PM   #31
erthangel
Registered Users
seller

Re: MOPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtollie
So those of you who have attended MOPS, can you tell me what the general attitude is towards more "AP" types of things, like CDs, extended breastfeeding, no spanking, etc.? I saw a debate on the national message board of MOPS about spanking that downright frightened me! (about needing to spank bare bottom to be effective, not doing things God's way if you don't spank like that etc.) Just wondered what some of your experiences had been...
I think it would REALLY depend on your group.. ALthough.. As a "christian" group unless you have someone who really is bold and against it you should not worry about that... The purpose of MOPs is not to put down any other parenting styles that we have, but to support each other and be an encouragement for other moms...

Also, if you do not find a fit in your MOPs group, I encourage you to try another! The $20 fee is only paid once a year... If you switch groups you wouldn't have to pay that again... Every group is different.. From the format to the leaders to the payment, etc etc....

I really think you will feel welcome in any group, but try it out! I love love love MOPS! I am sooo excited!!