View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
WWYD: RE Childcare

Landon goes to a lady who keeps children in her home, he's been with her since he was 7 weeks old. He's nearing 2 and they have a great thing going. Our 'plan' and her plan as well is that when he turned 2 we would gradually change him over to another in home dcp that keeps 2-3 year olds...basically kind of moving him up and the new lady (Brenda) would do more learning activities that are a little more age appropriate. None of this is reflection of current ladies care. Its just the 'system' we've had set up. Another little boy, jacob turned 2 in august and that's where he went after he left linda, and that was our plan for landon.

linda told me last week that she (brenda) is closing her business the end of may b/c she needs something with more affordable health ins. Which I completely understand that. I'm kind of bummed that landon won't get to go to her now b/c I was looking forward to it. Linda is still going to keep him for the duration/as long as we want her to. Part of me kind of wants to 'secretly' look around at what's out there. There's a lady with a great set up in my neighborhood and i see toddlers being dropped off every morning. I told daniel I'd like to check her out and go from there...but the whole thing of him beginning to do more activities and stuff like that I was excited about. Linda works with them, reads, dances, and does all that as well so i don't feel short changed if he stays with her but at the same time, being around more kids of his age was exciting as well. That being said, the kids he's with, since jacob left he's now the oldest (21 months) the next oldest is 14 months and one is tad younger than that but walking and the 4th baby she's just crawling around. He's in that stage of starting to learn more things and part of me doesn't won't to hinder that if there's things that 24 months and up can do that a 9 month and younger can't do. know what i mean? attitude and personality and relationally (word??? LOL) he gets along fine with them. I mean he's also a normal toddler who has to learn to share, has his 'me' moments wheere he doesn't want to do what he's told and all that.

if it makes a difference...prolly not but he moves up at church i think at 24 months to the next class. doesn't have to be completely potty trained either.

thanks for any input: would you stay with current provider while looking for other possibilities since you were going to switch anyhow, or just stick with? my gut does tell me to 'look around'.