View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 10:55 AM   #5
ktarsha
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: TN mama to be... ? please help!

My sister lives in west Nashville, about 5 minutes from downtown, and she likes it pretty well. I live in Nolensville, about 20 minutes southeast of Nashville, and I prefer the suburbs (apart from the crazy growth and development). I stay home with my son (almost 2 years old) and right now we don't do much out of the home, but when the weather warms up, we'll be going out more. There are some great parks, and the zoo.

I wouldn't call this area very ecologically minded, but there are more and more people who are trying to live "green" lives to some extent.

There is access to organic foods - there are a couple of Whole Foods and Wild Oats stores, and Franklin and Nashville have great farmer's markets. In our area, there isn't any (to my knowledge) curbside recycling, but the county dumps have recycling facilities. I think west Nashville does have curbside recycling, which also takes more than our dumps do (we can only recycle 1 & 2 plastics; they can do any recyclable plastics).

Unless you're considering homeschooling or private school, take into account the school system. Williamson Co. has a highly rated system; I don't know about Metro Nashville/Davidson Co., though.

Hope that helps! Feel free to PM or e-mail me if you have more questions.