View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 05:53 AM   #13
anniefogg
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: some dye /paint jobs honest opinions PLEASE*lots o pics*

good to know mama! Thank you-yeah it is pretty cold up here for dying and I know my friend that took a HUGE course on dying cotton (she's a quilter so needs exact matching stuff I guess) and I remember her saying you need at least 2tsp dye for 1 yd of fabric, and temp and fabric composition and weight all factor in and I just dyed some wool-which is totally different so oops-I'll spice a couple up for the kids Glad you found the reason your pic's were not showing up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanwaveshimd View Post
Hi! I love your stencils,especially the dragon one!
I've tried the dharma FRD for tie dye and believe it or not I got more vibrant colors with the kit (in the white box..jacquard I think is the brand) that you pick up at AC Moore or Michaels (sign up for coupons online). I have no clue why that is, unless my concentration of the dye needs to be higher than they recommend. Also, I found that the colors are more vibrant when I put each item to be tiedyed in their own plastic bag and leave them in the sun for a full day.

Oh and this is off topic but I found out that HC deleted my pics because I have been inactive for over 3 months I need to start dying and painting again too LOL