View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 08:44 AM   #1
raelynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Canada Travel Warning

I thought you might get a kick out of this...or maybe be annoyed. BC and Alberta are mentioned a few times, so I posted it here.

A website run by the Australian government lists Canada as a country where travelers need to be cautious about terrorism, dangerous winter driving and cold weather conditions.

The 'Smart Traveller' website, run by Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, lists Chile, South Korea and Latvia as countries safer than Canada.

Overall, Canada is listed in the second safest category (out of five categories) on the website -- the 'Exercise caution' section. Out of the G8 nations, the U.S., U.K, France, Germany and Italy also are listed in the 'Exercise caution' category.

"We advise you to exercise caution and monitor developments that might affect your safety in Canada because of the risk of terrorist attack," says the travel advisory.

"Pay close attention to your personal security and monitor the media for information about possible new safety or security risks."

The website says "heavy snowfalls and ice in the winter" can also make driving dangerous.

"The wind-chill factor can also create dangerously cold outdoor conditions," says the warning.

B.C. and Alberta are both listed as being subject to avalanches. B.C. is also listed as "an active earthquake zone."

Meanwhile, travelers heading to Canada between May and September are also told to look out for tornadoes in some areas.

The website further warns about bush and forest fires which "can occur any time in Canada."

There are also warnings for backpackers about attacks and travelers are advised not to accept food and drinks from strangers at bars.

I've earned $75 with Swagbucks AND I've lost 108.8lbs ISO MM Poppies
raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote